Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mr Heiney....One of the BEST!!

I believe that Mr Heiney is one of the best teachers in the shelby school system. maybe even the world. He taught us about history. He taught us the secret scandals behind the history and the real reasons for what occurred. He taught us random things that we will never forget. He taught us about life. And, he taught us about the CLASSICS

He read us excerpts of 1984 in Reading Advisory. I particularly remember him reading the part where Winston shouts "DO IT TO JULIA" because they want to put rats on his face. I remember his expressive voice. He asked us about our greatest fears and what it would take to betray someone else and a bunch of other very thought provoking questions.

Way to go Mr. Heiney for making a lasting impression and making little 8th grade me think!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha I wish I had him for reading advisory!!!!!!!!! I mostly remember him talking about star trek and star wars and relating that to our class discussions somehow...not saying that he isn't a great teacher he obviously is, I just mostly remember things like that from him hahaha oh and the oompa loompa song.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that! Yeah, i miss the days when Mr. Heiney would rant on a completely different subject just because we mentioned star wars or star trek

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whole time we were reading 1984 I was waiting for the rat part because that's all I could remember him reading to us. Good times in middle school. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I remember he was talking about the civil war and was getting into something that was kind of boring and someone said "may the force be with you" and this resulted in him talking about something that was even more boring than the civil war but at least we weren't being tested on it....and we didn't end up having homework haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish i had him for reading advisory. I had Mr. Estola... He was my favorite history teacher of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whaaaaaat? no way i dont remember that at all i just remember him spazzing whenever i would rip the ends off my papers lol

    ReplyDelete