Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Comparing

All of these authors show how Governments manipulate people into doing what they want by fear. In 1984 Winston was always scared that they could see something in his face to give him away. Others were frozen by fear not to ever do anything against the party. Then at the end with the whole 'Room 101' that obviously played on their worst fears.

If I had to pick which one had the biggest impact on me, it'd have to be the 2nd essay we read. It really opened my eyes and was like hey wake up this is going on right now. We just kinda let government get away with doing things and don't notice it. I think a lot of it is that were young and most of us don't really care, but were that age now where we have to decide what happens to our generation and those to come.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything that you said =) you put into words everything that I was thinking but couldn't quite figure out how to say it! Way to go! From now on I'm coming to you when I have a blocked brain!!!

    ReplyDelete