Friday, January 13, 2012

So sorry but I have to say it

I hate to be the debby downer, and I'm sure there will be many who disagree with me and good for you because that means that you enjoyed your time but I just want to express my opinion. I just finished 1984.....and I hated it! It went on forever and there were only three big things that happened in the whole book! It took more effort to turn the page than it does for me to run for hours on end. I get that there are a lot of good "thinking" points through out the book but I couldn't stand it, I wanted to be open to it, and I wanted to like it more than anything but I just couldn't get into it. I got into the class discussions over it but I liked where we took the discussions and that it was actual dialogue. And I do not mean this as a complaint about the book I just wanted to state my opinion. But I can truthfully say that I am ridiculously happy that I am finished with this book, and I can't wait to start the next one. 

1 comment:

  1. Meg, I totally agree with you! When I started book three I was really excited to see what was going to happen and the ending was a huge disappointment to me.

    ReplyDelete