Sunday, March 6, 2011

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows everywhere

Well, now that I've drawn you in with an overly optimistic title...its time for business.
SOOOO much to do this week, kinda like every other one. There's exam prep, the exam project for this class, and I have to perform a song in guitar for my final. AAAHHHH!!! I NEED TO PRACTICE THAT!!!! Once again, the shadow of procrastination isn't far behind me, sadly. The one thing I have managed to get done on time, and with some time to spare, was my Synthesis Essay. Once I got what it was supposed to be doing, it was quite easy for me to write. It seemed like it was a hybrid of our argument essay and our op-ed's. But that's just me. I found it easy to relate the different sources of information through a centralized theme, simply because they were all quite similar in their own themes. As for the end of JGHG, it kind-of upset me. It no longer seemed like Joe was thinking the things on the page, it was more like Trumbo's last stab at the reader to get his opinion across! I did not like that. It took me away from the story and drew my attention to a different place. Not good. Other than that, I liked it. :]

4 comments:

  1. Your title just made my day. It was so cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a song in the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs! I love it! Here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j09r7Km7JdE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, how else could you have ended it? The government was NEVER going to let him out. And Joe can't really do anything about it...
    It was a fairly nice satirical ending, and I think the message was portrayed just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA!!!! ONE MINUTE DIFFERENCE!!

    ReplyDelete