Sunday, February 27, 2011

Johnny Got His Gun and Stuff!!!

First of i would like to share my thoughts about Johnny got his gun, personally i like the book alot. I like the way that the first half of the book is written , it is such a unique way that although it makes thing's confusing it allows for us readers to become more attached to joe, without this bond that develops between us the readers and joe the message of the story would be weaker and the book would ultimately not be as good,

And on a side note this weekend has been extremly busy, i have to finish my synt rough draft and my senior profolio

2 comments:

  1. I kinda like the way the book is too, its a different style then we're used to reading, so it different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you noticed the personal connection to Joe. That is why the stream of consciousness style is so effective here... think about why Trumbo would want the reader to personally connect to Joe in a novel that teaches the evils of war...

    ReplyDelete