Sunday, March 25, 2012

Contrarily....

I just remembered that I'm going to be gone from class on Friday. I dislike missing class very much so. I would almost say I hate it. Yeah. As excited as I am for spring break, I am very apprehensive about it.

This Rhetorical Analysis is bringing me back to my first days at Shelby...... When I first came here in 7th grade they didn't like the may I wrote, so they made me come in to Mrs. Wall, and later Mrs. Eliot and write things for them so that I would get better?? But neither of them ever told me what I was doing wrong or how to fix it.....So somehow their reading my stuff must have fixed whatever it was that sucked?? The only other kids that were in there with me were kids that didn't speak any English...and as far as I know they never got any instruction either...

But anyways...I feel as bad about this essay as I did about the ones I wrote during recess for the middle school teachers.....

3 comments:

  1. Oh stop... it is NOT that bad. It is just not the way you are used to writing. You all need to try to harness some of the speaker's passion for her subject in your own writing about her craft... that will help make your writing engaging and not just critical!

    ReplyDelete