Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Quote

My quote is from pg. 95. "A guy could stand a lot when he was awake. But when sleep came he deserved to forget everything. Sleep should be like death." I like this quote because it serves to show the suffering that Joe had to endure. He wanted to escape reality but couldnt find release even in sleep. All Joe wanted to do was to escape from the repercussions of war and the hellish nightmare that he had endured. War is not a glorious thing, it is a malicious, hard reality that people have nightmares about for the rest of their lives. Joe wanted to forget and slip into oblivion but could not.

3 comments:

  1. What i kind of find interesting is that when i think of death i dont' think of peaceful really.. I mean sort of. but not really. And in this quote they imbrase death as a true peace, an escape from everything (hmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know what I think. I dont think that the process of dying could be peaceful but I think that once you are gone it is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you're alseep you're completely oblivious to all that is happening around you, which is similar to death, and I like this quote a lot because it's when he debates on whether or not he's actually asleep and how he can tell.

    ReplyDelete