Friday, January 27, 2012

I can easily see both sides, and its really hard to come to a consensus about it! I mean if I get sick I want to know the medicine that they give me for my treatment won't hurt me, and if I decide to stab my eye with my eye liner I'd like to know it wouldn't blind me. But a statistic that we found (and don't know exactly how accurate it is) said that 94% of testing performed is for cosmetics and the other 6% on medical purposes. But for cosmetics I think that the use of some of the alternatives would be more than enough to suffice. And one of our questions on the pamphlet was "Are the alternatives that area available enough to completely cease animal testing?" and I go back and fourth on that because if I were to come up with some kind of vaccine, or super-ultra-cleaning substance, I'd want to be extra sure that it would not be harmful to those that come into contact with it. Next, the type of tests that Stahria was talking about, and I don't see how those are necessary, just to inflict pain and see how the body reacts I think is extremely unnecessary, but if they were testing medicines like pain relievers or anesthetics then I could possibly be able to understand it....haha maybe I'm employing doublethink here AAAHH out 1985 GET OUT!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah after doing all the research and stuff I still don't know where I stand. I dont like the idea of hurting animals but in some cases such as for medical purposes I believe it can be necessary.....and 1985? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like we will be thinking about 1984 for quite a while whether we want to or not. But anyways does it make me a more terrible person if I dont care too much either way if they test on animals or if they were to stop altogether.

    ReplyDelete