Sunday, May 15, 2011

Through the Looking Glass

The personal narrative is a nice break. It gives us a change of pace and a chance to be creative in the midst of our hard research project. For me, it also made me look back at the last 17 years and decide what was a big part of those years. It was a nice reflection and a 'through the looking glass' moment. As we approach graduation, its a big milestone and this personal narrative has made me slow down and look at where we've gotten. It's amazing! It seems like it has taken so long to get here, but we're not even close to starting our lives. Just from a simple personal narrative project have I derived this conclusion. I think the rhetorical analysis has kinda changed my brain, because now I think way too much into things! Maybe that's good... :]

4 comments:

  1. I love the creative aspect as well. It feels like freedom, and I actually get to write about something that interests me for once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed a change in my thinking as well. I know I used to take alot at face value and I've learned to read into things and truly think about them and analze them before making decisions. Its also made books even more awsome, which I didnt realy think was possible!! The only down side is that the normal books I used kinda suck now...o well!! Just makes room for more Kingsolver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! You guys are making me smile... I can recommend a bunch of Kingsolver books (and some other good "thinkers" too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Stariha, you pick great books to read in class. If you would just post a "summer reading list" on the blog of some good thinkers, it would be most excellent. :)

    ReplyDelete