Sunday, May 8, 2011

re'search'ing

I love and hate research papers all at the same time. They are soooo intensive and time consuming that its as if they will never end. They also take a lot of dedication to apply yourself when you don't want to (which is what I do). But I love getting down deep into a topic and learning so much about it. There's huge amounts of details and parts of merit pay that I never thought about or knew before I started researaching it! Just to spend time thinking on one thing, its amazing what you will find out.
I finally got my interview done with this weekend and I learned quite a bit just from someone else's viewpoint. I talked to a professor at Michigan State University who teaches Children's Literature. She gave me answers that surprised me and backed up research I've already discovered! The amount of ideas in our world constantly catches me off guard, and hearing from just one other person outside Shelby can do that.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with the hate part and not really the love part!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the interview and the research paper is tough but a challenge is what we all need

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Andrew and my brother too. I will definitely be working hard on the paper (as I have been already, even though it may not seem like it) because I want to do good and get a good grade of course, but it is so frustrating at times that it makes me less interested...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Research papers are ALOT of work but even though its killing us now when it comes to college....we're gonna be sooo lucky we have already had some sort of experience with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also been learning alot about my topic on ESL. There's alot of things that I wasn't aware of. I learned alot about the programs that are involved in Shelby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I really loved the interview and letter portion of this project! It was great to get opinions that werent from Shelby! I sent letters to the chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts and The Sec. of Ed. They had varying opinons and some ideas that I had never heard of. It was really cool to hear from the men that can actually change the way Arts in public eduation is represented and funded!

    ReplyDelete