Friday, May 6, 2011

It's just so sad....

The girl in "The Color Purple" is just abused and used so much... and she doesn't even know most of it's bad!  It's heart breaking...

But, it reminds me of  a song!  It's called "Life is but a mere supply"

Here is the link:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBGisHQbkek

I strongly reccomend you listen to the whole song!  It's cool!

The whole song is sad.  The singer is a girl who has been abused her whole life and was forced into prostitution.  Some of the lyrics worth highlighting are...

Full of s**t
Full of dope
Full of wishing and I'd love to get in close

Full of hate (watch it)
Full of hope
Who's your daddy is he in the room?

Life is but, a mere supply
of a few good [thoughts]
then you die.


This song has been with me most of my life FYI it's in Grand theft Auto 3.  But I feel that I'm only understanding the messages as I get older.

Please listen to the whole song and comment on what it made you feel.

3 comments:

  1. I used to play video games quite often, and I never paid attention to the songs that were playing in the background. But now every once in a while I hear a song in a video game (Modern Warfare comes to mind because I actually really like the score for it) and I think, "wow, they actually put good music on here."

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you guys are so random!! Ross its awesome that you pay attention to the music!!! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I didn't listen to the song, but just by reading it I can see how it is depressing and sad. I know the book is only going to get worse, but I'm just waiting to see what the overall theme of the book will be this time, and how it will tie into what we have been talking about over the past two trimesters.

    ReplyDelete