Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Office

I'm sitting at home right now watching The Office. Strangely, it is reminding me of the Poisonwood Bible. It has stories of different characters, wrapped up in one greater story. I'm not really sure why this show is funny...

Anyways, I'm excited to be done with The Poisonwood Bible. It was a rather lengthy book, and I feel very accomplished to have finished it. I really don't read a lot at all, so reading as much as we are these past couple of trimesters makes me feel really good.

I took a copy of The Color Purple home on Thursday or Friday, I don't remember which day, and it seems like it is going to be a good book.

4 comments:

  1. I really hope The Color Purple is a good book! I've heard from a lot of poeple that its great and I would be kind of disappointed if it isnt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to be reading another book but I was watching the office kind of thinking the same thing haha. Its weird how we are now making these connections with different books we have read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy. I find myself doing that all the time now! I keep thinking, "oh, Kingsolver touched on that topic in PWB," or "Orwell had an idea that fit in with this." It's almost getting annoying. But I must admit, I've never gotten as much out of ANY books I've read than I have gotten from the books in this class.

    ReplyDelete