Sunday, May 1, 2011

Great Golly Miss Molly!

So this uh...this project...I should actually stop procastinating. But that just happens to be my biggest problem! I cant seem to work unless a deadling is fast approaching. Which means that this week will be absolutly crazy and a bit stressful. My topic is arts in education so its been I'really fun to research! I happen to be a band geek which I'm sure most of you know so I think the arts are really important! Its actually been really fun to look up the different effects (affects??) that music and the other arts have on the brain. Sometimes I just want to kill Mr. I. for the weird time signatures and crazy hard pieces he throws at us but through my research I've realized that the awfulness actually helps with my math..another awful thing I might add! Its also been proven that students that work in the arts have better problem solving skills and do better on tests like the ACT and SAT. Researching has been almost painless...the hard part comes when I have to put it together and make it make sense when its not just floating around in my head...ruhroh raggy...

3 comments:

  1. I find it ironic that we both surveyed each other and our topics can somewhat relate to each other. :) I'm having the same problem with my project (procrastinating that is) and I think that not only has to do with the fact that I'm nervous about it, but also because I'm not sure exactly as to what I am doing. I know there is a format and a site to help us with that, but I feel like no matter what, I'm just going to mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Great Golly Miss Molly"
    Isn't it Good Golly Miss Molly??
    lol just giving you a hard time Sarah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Chelsea! I've kind of decided to tackle it paragraph by paragraph because the whole five page ordeal scares me! I cant shake the feeling that I'm messing it up either...its actually really annoying! And ya know what Sarah? THE GOLLY IS GREAT! GREAT I TELL YOU!! GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete