Sunday, May 1, 2011

A New Favorite :]

Well, I spent a wonderful weekend in East Lansing and part of that was a Sunday afternoon in Barnes and Noble. I decided to check out some of Barbara Kingsolver's other novels and I found a good one!!! Prodigal Summer!! I only read the first chapter but I know already that from the way I loved The Poisonwood Bible and how this new one is starting, I really like the style of writing Kingsolver does. It's entertainig, intelligent, and makes you connect multiple things in one idea. I kinda want us to hurry up and read The Color Purple so I can start a new Kingsolver one...cause I don't dare start a good book when I know I have a required one coming over the hill. That's just not a good idea.

3 comments:

  1. That's what I found when I tried reading one of my novels at home. I got started with it and had to stop because of our requirements for class. I'm looking forward to our next novel(s), but I'm also looking forward to summer (because its summer!) and because I want to jump back into reading some of my own books at home as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome casey that you are so interested in kingsolver as a writer to want to read more of her books, thats awesome! Kingsolver definitlty has a unique way of writing that isn't like any other author ive read before

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color purple is an amazing book!
    But I wasn't too interested Kingsolver's books. I guess I like simplier reads :)

    ReplyDelete