Monday, February 6, 2012

#today

I found today's discussion very interesting. I have never really thought how all of our thoughts are connected, whether we want them to be or not we don't really ever have "random thoughts". In some way or another there was a reason for what you were thinking. JGHG to me is so interesting in the way these thoughts are all connected, and how that has a purpose. That is someones streams of consciousness (something without normal purpose) is used to communicate a large purpose, even better; a message.

4 comments:

  1. Blam mind blown.......this book makes magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that too.... it kind of sneaks a lesson in, unlike Orwell who is obviously attempting to teach its reader. The term is didactic: it means a work that is entertaining and yet still teaches a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole stream of consciousness thing is really freaking me out lol. Last night my mind was wondering all over the place so I sat down and just wrote. You really start to pay attention to your stream of consciousness when you are paying attention to your mind. It is freaky!

    ReplyDelete