Monday, February 6, 2012

For Last Week...

Soo because of internet issues... and my stupid self procrastinating until sunday to blog, this blog is for last week. lol

I really enjoyed the debate we had in class on friday. Because it is such a controversial issue, it seemed easy for everyone to participate in the discussion. I also enjoyed hearing all of the different opinions on the subject. The concept of homosexuals being "born this way?" is so complex that it's interesting to me to hear all of the different ways people can twist and turn the idea. I do agree with what Garrett said though too, to a certain extent, that our generation has become much more tolerant and accepting of the changes that are occuring to what used to be "morally correct". Our society is evolving, whether it be for the better or not, it is evolving.

3 comments:

  1. This is funny the tolerance issue is being brought up. This is what I did my op ed essay on. I feel like tolerance in it's purest sense is a beneficial way of preventing many problems in society but the way that it has been twisted into forced acceptance in many ways is wrong. Tolerance means you put up with ideas you do not necessarily believe in....not accept them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny the tolerance issue is being brought up. This is what I did my op ed essay on. I feel like tolerance in it's purest sense is a beneficial way of preventing many problems in society but the way that it has been twisted into forced acceptance in many ways is wrong. Tolerance means you put up with ideas you do not necessarily believe in....not accept them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my question is: what is the difference in action between tolerance and acceptance? How does that fit into the gay rights issue? Because for me, just because I might say the government doesn't have a right to make laws that prevent human rights that don't rob other citizens of life/liberty/happiness, doesn't mean that I necessarily accept gay as being right.

    ReplyDelete