Thursday, February 16, 2012

Analysis essay

Writing this synthesis essay is making me feel... unpatriotic? That's really the only way I can describe it and its not the first time I thought that this class is a little anarchist based. But even if it is I cant say I'm not enjoying College English because its a different view that I've never seen before and I can see the backing behind the opinions that the government is manipulating everyone but I just think that our country is in real bad shape if we can't even trust our government.

And just something interesting I found out doing research for the analysis essay, Regina Spektor has a song called "Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori" which is the phrase out of Owen's poem.

1 comment:

  1. Really! See if you can find a link to it! Remember Christian, you can argue AGAINST the prompt. You don't need to agree with it... I don't want you to feel "unpatriotic", our country's entire foundation depends on the citizen's right to free thought and free expression. Just by disagreeing with our government if necessary, we solidify our greatness as a nation! At least that's what I think. :)

    ReplyDelete