Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Life of Leah

In the beginning of our Poisonwood Bible discussions when we were broken into four groups, I was in the "Leah" group because I thought I was most like her. I then was moved to the "Ruth May" group to help even out the groups more. No matter what I still come back to Leah and find her my most favorite character (despite Rachel's many funny and unbelievable comments throughout her chapters). I just love how Leah is now a very mature, grown woman who is all about her family. Even when compared to her mom, she is a far better care-giver. She never once thinks of herself and loves her children and husband, Anatole, very much. Africa is her home now. Although she originated from America and really wanted nothing to do with the Congo in the first place, she grew to love it and the people that lived there. I like how she basically hates the fact that her skin is white because she doesn't want to be compared to the other whites (American's in particular). Because of how the American's treat the African's, she longs to help her new family and home overcome the disasters they all have and will experience.

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about the groups too but i still think im in the leah group but probably in the middle between rachel and leah when it comes to africa and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not changing a bit, I feel that my personality best fits Adah, maybe without all the bitterness though

    ReplyDelete