Friday, April 1, 2011

Education..

So I was, and still kind of am nervous about the Senior Project. It definitely sounds like a lot of work that will be time consuming. A 7-10 page paper?! Scary! Especially since the longest paper I think I've ever written was about 4 pages. I will not procrastinate! When the topic was presented to us (Education) I was thinking in my mind "what kind of sub topics are there?" and then as Ms. Stariha talked about each and every one my jaw just dropped a little. It's shocking how many topics there are to discuss and that each one can be elaborated on in some way shape or form. I had a really hard time deciding what exactly I want to do my Project on because many of the topics interest me! Mostly everyone in our class is a hard worker, so I'm not too nervous about the group I am placed in. But there is the chance of someone not taking the Project seriously, which scares me and makes me a little more stressed than I already seem to be.

4 comments:

  1. Try not to worry about that yet... there is a lot of time, and I will intervene if necessary to try to get group members to work well together. It is scary though to think of having such a big project and needing to rely on the hard work of your peers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most scary part of this whole assignment for me is the group work. I...REALLY don't want a partner that is only work hard enough to get a passing grade. I want a group that will strive to reach for the A. Other than that, this whole project is just a bunch of time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. So you basically just took the words outta my mind. lol I am VERY nervous about this project as well. I feel like the topic is going to be easier to research and discuss now since we are currently in somewhat of an educational crisis (in many ways). However, the fact that we have to write 7-10 pages makes it worse. Hopefully we will be able to share info with our groups and will be able to help each other out. Although we all will have different topics, I'm glad we will at least have each other for support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think the group component is the scariest. You depend on others to actually do their part. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete