Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Poison Wood smoke trap!

This week has been packed to the brim with many different mini adventures!  But sadly, this has hindered my reading experince with the Poison Wood Bible.  I got to the point where I was mostly skiming and searching
for great quotes, but when I got to the ant part, I read the whole thing.  It was a nice change of pace from the usual grind of Congo life.  It also let me (us as readers) see just how the charecters really act when lives are put up for  grabs.  I mean, Orleanna had to choose between Adah or Ruth-May, and she told Adah to "keep up."  Seriously?  She limps!  And those screw offs Rachel and Nathan are driving me crazy!!!  Rachel goes straight for the mirror, and Nathan preaches, he freaking preches!!!  I just wanted to go right into the book and beat some sense into him!  You can preach all your life, but you can only save your family when they are in danger, AND HE DID NOTHING!!  He is the reason that Leah is losing her faith.  How can he be so blind.

Whoa, I just worte a lot.  Anyway, last night I went to my great uncle's wake.  We stayed up untill 1A.M. and partyed like it was 1999.  Then today, we went to the memorial.  It was rather sad, but I was able to see all my cousins that I don't usually do.  All in all, it was a great time that will build me up as a charecter.

Well, tomorrow I'm off to see my great aunt, and will have a great time in Florida.  I also am going to read the entire rest of The Posion Wood Bible.  That way I won't fall behind in my other wise hectic life.

See you later.


And Alex[andria], you owe me 1$!!!!  The village really does get taken over by ants!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I also thought it was ridiculous that Nathan preached through the whole ant flood!! WHY!!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get that money Ross! haha. Yeah i finished the required reading already but believe ross the village does get taken over by ants and adah realizes she is a beast in the world. She is very resentful, it kind of scared me. haha but for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scene just highlights more of Nathan's character flaws. All of the other members of the village are DOING something to save their families or the family of others... not Nathan. He preaches while other members of the village and his wife take care of his own daughters.

    ReplyDelete