Friday, April 1, 2011

INCEPTION....!

Well this week in class I really liked the paradime shifts (I dont know if that's how you spell it?) But it was really cool, it made me think. How do you if something is real if it's only in your head? How do you know what is in your head is real or if you're just crazy without supporting evidence? This cylce could go on forever and makes one truly question: what is real, what do we create in our minds due to our perspective, and what makes something real?! This idea could drive someone crazy?!!! Well everyone have a good week off and dont forget to read!!! :D

5 comments:

  1. Paradigm is how you spell it Jake. It is a bit daunting to think that there is no tangible reality. But, I think the message has to be to recognize that sometimes we need to put ourselves in somebody else's shoes before we jump to judgment. We need to make sure to keep our eyes open to possibility and keep learning. Unlike Nathan, whose vision is narrow, and mind is shut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the whole Paradigm Shift thing really got me thinking some of the same questions. And I thought about how different societies view things and how I have a small town menntality because I've always been so closed off. And literally right now I'm with my brother and he just took me on a little walk through Grand Rapids and it's so amazing how close I live near it but the whole vibe is different. Going to college is going to broaden my mind even further and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, college will really change how I look on life. Classes will (for the most part) take more effort, and changing from a small school to a large one wil REALLY really mess with my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It kind of reminded me of elementary school--all we knew of was "the bubble" and nothing outside of it really was there. But moving to middle school, we were shown another place. And then in high school, it happened again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It kind of makes me feel like reality is what you make of it because ideology is everywhere. I totally agree with you tho jake!

    ReplyDelete