Wednesday, January 26, 2011

SERVICE NATION and and WANNA BE SPS TEACHERS

OK so for those of you who already know me.... still read this and if you don't know me there's something you should now about me... I'm a Service Learning Fanatic!!! :) Just this past weekend i attended a retreat for the 2011 LEAGUE Michigan student committee, and i had a Blast with my 10 other Fanatics. Anyways even though i was having an amazingly fun time..... I was very upset, the whole weekend I was hearing about teachers and students that work together to make a change in their community's. Like I talked to teachers who do service in their class room as part of the curriculum, I understand that that doing curriculum work is hard but I thought teachers became teachers to help students realize their potential. Potential is something LEAGUE has helped me realize more than any "TEACHER" ever has. The fact that the Teachers from Sault Area HS, Pickney Middle School, Romulus HS, MS, and E and not to mention the close to 400 other schools across Michigan who Volunteer to go to a training similar in Grand Rapids for a weekend during their summer vacation to create a curriculum (that still meets State Standards by the way) that helps inspire students that a math problem can be used to help people in poverty, and that's when it really hit me.... i want every teacher in Shelby School District to haft to have their curriculum totally remastered, by LEAGUE MICHIGAN. I hope our Teachers at Shelby Public Schools read this Post and weep. B/C I thought SHELBY was SUPPOSED to be one of the Best Educations Around. but obviously our Teachers, Administrators and other Staff, are far to worried about about their union income and benefits before what benefits the students.... so i leave you with this.... A teacher should not teach an opinion on how the world is, but how to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment