Sunday, January 23, 2011

Endless thoughts...

I'm sitting in my living room on our davenport watching Top Gear with my father. It's almost midnight, and I can't sleep to save my life. I have so many thoughts running through my head right now. A lot of it is about my future:

We had an amazing talk at youth group tonight. We talked about service and forwarding God's Kingdom with what we are given. We then started talking about what our dreams were. I know what mine is. I want to attend Calvin College until I get my Bachelor's Degree. Then, I want to attend whichever Med School will accept me where I will get my M.D. Eventually I will end up in some city learning to become an Anesthesiologist.

After practicing for long enough to pay off my student loans, I'm going to leave all of it behind. I'm going to make enough money and achieve as much support from family and friends and churches as possible to assist me in starting a free medical clinic in South America. My passion in this world is to help the people, both physically and spiritually, in places that have been forgotten about. This idea came from one exceptional experience at an orphanage in Mexico. I helped a little boy with cerebral palsy who could barely walk and I taught him how to bounce a ball on the floor and catch it as it came back up. At the time, I had no idea that he had NEVER caught a ball before in his life (he was 8 years old).

After that, I knew I needed to help the forgotten people in this world and I feel led to do so.

There probably is only one or two people from Shelby High School that will ever hear from me after we graduate. I'm going to disappear from this area of the world and make my presence known elsewhere. I'm going to change the lives of people that will also change mine.

I'm going to make a HUGE difference in this world, one tiny step at a time.

7 comments:

  1. I was talking to you this morning, but I'll say it on here too (you know, get some points..) this almost made me cry!
    It's so cool that you want to help people in your life, that is the same framework that helped me decide on my career and although we are going into totally different careers I feel that we will accomplish almost the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gonna be amazing! I get such a high by helping people and I hope you do, too.

    What are you going to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to work with people and their addictions. I really want to help people with alcoholism and even drug abusers. Mainly because I do know what it's like to have people like this in my life. I know the effect they have on a family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring ladies... I had similar dreams as yours Taylor. Then I became a teacher. (No regrets... I guess.) So follow your heart girls and live it up before you have babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an endless thought! I didn't read it but it looks very long! lol good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you Taylor; I want to leave this area and move on with my life. Some people say they wish they could go back to high school, I honestly can't wait to get out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm going to be sad when I leave, but my life isn't here. It's in some remote country. LOL

    ReplyDelete