Sunday, January 23, 2011

1984..The End

After reading all of 1984 I was really kind of disappointed in the ending. I was expecting to be left hanging or I figured the author would have had one last twist as the book came to a close, which in a way there was but it just seemed disappointing. I would have liked a more exciting and vibrant ending to 1984. Overall though i ended up liking the book a lot more then I thought i would have or a lot more then in the beginning. My favorite part was the chapter right before book 3 when Winston and Julia get caught. The section was the most exciting in my mind. I'm glad this book is done though and I am ready for the next novel we read.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Becca I totally agree with you. I also ended up really liking the book more than I thought I would. I really thought I wasn't going to like the book due to the first couple of pages. The only part that I didn't really like, which you did, would have to have been the part where Winston recieved the book from the Brotherhood.

    ReplyDelete