Saturday, December 11, 2010

So I guess I'm confused again...

I've begun research on my topic, but I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. I just need to know if I am supposed to pick a topic (one of the statements from the list of 30) that I AGREE with and write about it. Or, do I pick a topic and AGREE or DISAGREE with it and then write my persuasive essay? I thought I could pick a topic and agree or disagree with it, but I have been told otherwise. So, if someone could PLEASE help me out, that would be great!

3 comments:

  1. I emailed you this as well Chelsea, but in case anybody else shares this question I will answer on here: You can disagree if you like: however... most of the prompts are set up to more MORE INTERESTING if you agree with the way they are stated (Because most of them are arguments people wouldn't normally make!) You will still need to acknowledge and refute counter-arguments either way you go! Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your having a ROUGH time with your essay. I'm feeling pretty strong with mine, but I barely have two pages! I guess I should get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really didn't mean to confuse you Chels. I hope you're doing good with your paper.

    ReplyDelete