Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another 28 years later...the movie!

This was my free write, but I decided to fix small grammar errors and post the idea.  If you ask me, it would make a bit-...cool video game or movie.

I see myself walking down a dirt road, then I wake up.  I'm in a hospital.  I can barly move, but my arms look well preserved.  The room is colorful, and my bed is centered, not in a corner.  I fall as I get out of bed.  My mind is that of a 18 year old, but my body is much too frail to be normal.  I leave the room, and as I leave, the colorful patterns vanish and the room is blank white.
The halls are plaid and dull.  NO paper anywhere.  A man in black walks over to me, (an android?) and touches my hand.  Then states my name.
Doctors and nurses rush from the doors and tell me to breath slowly.
They tell me that I fell and hit my head on concrete, and have been in a coma for around 50 years.  (I don't recall and concrete, or falling for that matter.)  They say the only reason I've  been alive is that my parents have been paying for me to be on life support.  However, they both recently passed on, and with no one to pay my bill, a new experimental procedure was preformed to make use of my body.  The [surgury] was a sucsess, and now I was to be studied for two weeks.
After one month, I was moved to a homless shelter, just outside of the hospital.  Apperently, America had nuked all of Korea in a defensive move to stop a nuclear war between North and South. The U.N. was very displeased, and now the third wolrd war is in effect.
The city is very segregated.  The center is full of lights and power, with very few people (civilians).  And everything surrounding the center is slums, most of which have no power.

Thats it... time ended and I stopped writing.
Maybe I try to stop another nuke from going off and become a "hero" or find a typical government base with secrets.  I'm not sure, but I think the whole concept is pretty neat-o.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could have a future as a screen writer Ross... pretty interesting stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross this is some pretty impressive stuff, if you continue to work on it you easily make this into some sort of game kinda like fallout

    ReplyDelete