Thursday, December 16, 2010

50 Years From Now...

I just woke up from what feels like a nap. I stretch and yawn and think about the day ahead of me. As of now everything is blurry; I need my glasses. I stumble to the bathroom, feel around for my glasses and put them on. As I stand there I feel weaker, smaller, and colder. I look at myself in the mirror and the person I see is not me. Startled, I feel my face, I'm old, wrinkled and pale. Whats happened? Did my life zoom by as I was taking what I thought was a nap? I start to cry. where did my life go? I fall to the floor and think to myself; Did I graduate? Did I go to college? Did I get married? Or do I have a family? I wipe my tears and get up from the bathroom floor. As I walk around my home, I see pictures on the wall, ones Ive never seen before. as I go down the stairs I see a wedding picture of me and a man I don't recognize. I see pictures of a boy who I assume is my son. Where has time gone, and where have I been?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a strong case of amnesia...(I think thats how you spell it...)
    I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't remember my life.
    I recall on 20-20 (the show) this one man couldn't remember anything about himself. And after two years, while he was taking a shower, it all just came back. Pretty freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! But at the same time its really sad. It would be heartbreaking for this to happened to anyone.

    ReplyDelete