Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life Lesson

Here are my life lessons for today. One never play leap frog because you will get seriously hurt and two be understanding. This relates back to the Poisonwood Bible when we were talking about Brother Fowels and Nathans ministry. Nathan was such a failure because he was too proud to look beyond his own selfish ambitions to realize that in order to reach out to the people he must become one of them. There is a saying that says that we must not judge someone until we have walked a mile in their shoes. How many times do we not even try to understand someone or something and make preconceived notions about that person or situation. If we truly want to be of help to someone we must minister to them through being with them on a personal level and putting information into terms for them to understand. I must say that I am glad to be done with PWB and am ready to move on but I loved this book! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this, I feel like the best part of College English is how you can get real life applications out of everything :)

    ReplyDelete