Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Quote

Page 235
He had done nothing to them. He wasn't to blame for the trouble he was
causing yet there were drawing the curtain around him stuffing him back
into the womb back into the grave saying to him goodbye don't bother us
don't come back to life the dead should stay dead and we are done with you.

I picked this quote because it shows that Joe was innocent. He had been just a normal man who got himself entangled in a War that cost him everything...everything but his mind. After being stuck inside of 'the womb' for so long, Joe managed to escape for a time only to realize the outside World didn't want the truth. The outside World wanted him to die...they wanted the truths of War to die in order to prevent people from rebelling against it.
This shows how selfish and cruel people are. The men gave Joe a pin which symbols that he was noble and honorable..but if they actually cared and were grateful for Joe giving up everything they would give him what he asked for. But the military is full of chickens because they are too afraid to show the truths because it would mean they would have a harder time finding men to give up everything...to save no one.
No one benefited from Joe 'dying'...it was only Joe's loss.
I was always told to Thank soldiers for fighting for my freedom, so I didn't have to.
But...I don't feel any more or less free now than I did before...I feel lied to.
What is the reason for fighting this time?
Don't even try to tell me, its for my freedom because as long as there is War and Deceit in the government, I'm not free...none of us are.

But why argue, right? Because nothing is going change. No matter how passionate we might feel now...rarely does someone come along and attempt to rebel.
Why do you think there aren't too many novels of the truths of war? And if there are, you sure never hear about them.
(Well I don't anyways...haha)

Goodnight Fellow Bloggers

1 comment:

  1. I love the quote you picked but I don't agree that it is the outside world keeping war a secret. Look at Trumbo he wants everyone to know the horrors of war and he was never actually in one. Its more like the government is trying to keep it from us. That's why the book was banned a few times. That's just how I look at it.

    ReplyDelete