Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Poem.

Okay, so Im not entirely sure if we were supposed to post about the poem; but I didnt, so here I go. Alright, I really liked this poem because it challenged me to think about what it meant. At first I didnt really understand what it was talking about, and even now, Im pretty sure my understanding isnt necessarily right. But to me the poem painted a picture of a spider, one lone spider standing on a lone rock, with darkness all around him. The spider was trying to cast out that filament, but it wasnt going anywhere.. and to me this connected with the idea that even though the spider was alone on the rock, it was okay, because that was where he was supposed to be. And although he was casting out and reaching out around him, but not going anywhere, it was still okay. I feel like in life we tend to make ourselves into things we are not, but in reality, who we are, our soul, will stay the same, and stay right where its supposed to be.

5 comments:

  1. I liked the poem a lot, and i agree. I feel like even though who we seem to be on the surface may change, our soul stays grounded in who we fundamentally are.
    I also feel like the spider is us right now...sending out filaments (or college applications) trying to find a place to land (or the right college)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree a little with your analysis, at least the part about being where it(the spider or the soul belongs) is supposed to be, if it was right where it was supposed to be what would be the purpose of sending out the filament? The filament indicates a searching for something diffrent or better.

    P.S.
    I deleted my first comment because I spelled soul wrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like the filament is more so him trying to connect himself to other things, so that where he is makes sense, not necessarily that he was going to move to those other places, but that his place made sense with everything around him.

    I dont know, Im probably completely wrong. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you guys get analytical! Ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete