Sunday, January 8, 2012

1984 v. The Hunger Games

I have to say that I do like the Hunger Games much better than 1984, just because the pace is quicker, and things start happening sooner in the novel which help me get into them, but they're very similar. In the Hunger Games, they do have laws but they are brutally enforced, especially in the second one, but they still have a powerful government that likes to prove that they're in charge and not the people. There is no privacy in the districts, just like there isn't any in London in 1984. And similar to the 2-minutes hate, the people of the districts are forced to watch the Hunger Games, even though no one really wants to. Life in the districts of Pan-Am is just as dangerous as life in Oceania. I'd never want to live in either, but I do enjoy reading about them! I'm not sure what that says about me as a person but oh well.

P.S. Check out this song that's in The Hunger Games, it's a Taylor Swift song that I actually like, probably because it has the Civil Wars in it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFEDTtKaFzU

1 comment: