Thursday, December 22, 2011

50 YEARS LAAAATTTEEEERRR (in a ghostly whisper)

So I don't know about you guys, but when I envision the future, its a lot of white. A lot of clean, sterile surfaces, and a lot of blankness. Our 'brilliant' scientist and inventors will come up with ways of having things... without needing things. Or creating ways of not needing things all together. I don't think we will run down the rotten hole that the nineteen eighty four guy is talking about... Maybe eventually, but I don't think in fifty years they could!? I think that there will be too many strong heads to allow something like that to happen, I mean, just look at our College English class. Don't try to tell them that they raised the ration of chocolate to 20 grams, because they will CLEARLY spit back in your face that it was in fact LOWERED to 20 grams. Its like Dylan Thomas says 'do not go gently'. I don't think we would... or that we could.. for we have had INDEPENDENCE printed into our minds since we were verrry young.
So back to what I was saying. I think that we will have wars, yes, but I think (and hope) that it is more of a safe war... like to protect us, not the greedy wars that we encounter today...
So that is mostly my insight

2 comments:

  1. "do not go gently" ...thinking of Crossed Bre? thats what i always think of now when i hear crossing the bar or do not go gently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... are you using Brit Lit quotes.. I'm in heaven!

    ReplyDelete