Sunday, April 3, 2011

Paradigm Shift

As we began to talk about paradigm shift and we thought about how it connects to the book, I began to realize that no only is it often present in PWB, but it is all over in the real world today. It is nearly impossible to accept many things at once. I personally don't like change very well and as I thought about this and connected it to myself, it started to make a lot more sense to me. College english has opened my eyes to a different side of me. At first I was really nervous about this class but it has made me more creative and made me think out of the box. In a way it has been a paradigm shift in my life. I couldn't except this big change in how this class is run but now I am so much more open to different things that we do.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that when we first started talking about paradigm shift in class the other day, I had a very small understanding of what it meant. Discussing what it actually is cleared things a lot for me. Then it became easier to relate to the real world, like you were saying. Its crazy how differently things can look to you once you've allowed yourself to just be open to everything around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all creatures of habit and resistant to change. That is why we are so quick to make judgments. I catch myself being resistant to change as well... We all have a bit of "Nathan" in us that we need to fight.

    ReplyDelete