Sunday, April 10, 2011

Help!

I am having a difficult time working on my conclusion of my Rhetorical Analysis essay. Ms. Stariha says its to listy, and I totally agree with her! Does anyone have any suggestions? Leonid Fridman wrote this essay to change the mindset of Americans. He not only made many impressive points about how nerds are treated, but also uses literary techniques to further the readers understanding and to make them emotionally involved. With his Logos and a Pathos appeal, Fridman gives the reader factual evidence in hopes of convincing him that nerds have an important place in this world and should be treated with respect.

3 comments:

  1. Emily i am having the same problem with my essay... i would say that you have lots of build up thats very well constructed but the over all final statement is kind of not i dud but its just there. maybe look for a really impacting quote from the essay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My conclusion paragraph was also very listy. I spoke to Eric and Ms. Stariha and they both helped me. I was told to restate my conclusion and leave out all the listing that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me it seems as if your restating all your points which makes it sound listy, i would suggest just restating your thesis then elaborating
    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete