Friday, April 29, 2011

America ROX!

Were finally done with the PWB. I am happy that it's over, not because it was a terrible book, but just for the sense of acomplishment. The book was good, it had so much meaning and deep thoughts involved! It is a good book to read to make someone stop and evaluate thier own actions as well as the world around them. I liked it because it made the problems of my own life seem so minscule and petty! The Price's were trying to stay alive, and were worried about paying for gas! :P Our problems are still real, just not quite as life threatning which makes Americans far luckier and blessed than we realize and take for granted! There is always something to be happy about, because life could ALWAYS be worse! No matter how bad you think your life is... you could live in Africa! D: ... So be happy because you're an American!!! :D

4 comments:

  1. I agree, this is one of the major themes we could have chose for the test. We take things for granted every day. For instince I am typing on a laptop right now and watching tv while sitting on a coach and doing laundry all at the same time! People in Africa, and many other countries, do not have the resorces to do any of these things. Reading PWB has taught me to appriciate what I have and to think about how I want to impact the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very true...we have so much to 'worry' about, when we think about it, its not that much, nor should we worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Casey, we consume ourselves wth meaningless nonsense just to forget about how spoiled we really are.

    ReplyDelete