Monday, February 14, 2011

That Coldplay Song

Viva La Vida!

Riding in the car with friends, the radio starts playing the song, "I used to rule the world, seas would rise when I gave the word," and then I start screaming "OH MY GOSH! This is the song that was playing when my mom and I dropped my brother off at college. It makes me sad, because it reminds me of the time when I basically became an only child, because I'm the only kid left at home!" But then I stop screaming, because I realize that my friends probably don't care. By this time the chorus starts, "I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing, Roman Cavalry choirs are singing." The song Viva La Vida by Coldplay is one of my particular things because of the connection I hold between my brother parting and the song being on the radio.

Particular things are all around us, whether we see them clearly or not. Johnny Got His Gun has actually got me thinking a lot about the particular things in my life.

2 comments:

  1. This reminded me of my younger brother. He is one of my particular things for sure. He was so worried when I graduated from high school that he wouldn't have someone to look up to anymore. It's so sweet to think about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so sweet Alexandria! I love that song! I also had a difficult time when my brother left for college, but it is amazing how the family adapts to the changes.

    ReplyDelete