Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh summer, how I miss you!!

So wednsday started out normal enough. Slept in, had some great coffee, worked on my essay, and then my dad decided that we needed to go to town to check the stove in his office. We got all the way down our driveway and half way to the next road when we got stuck. The road was drifted shut!! We had taken the truck because we knew it would be bad but we didn't think it was THAT bad. So we got the truck stuck...we tried unstick and when that failed we walked home. It was like a 2 mile walk which wouldn't have been so bad if the snow hadn't been up to our knees the whole time! Then the real fun started! My dad decided that we needed to go back to get the truck. So what did we do? We hooked two sleds up to the snowblower and drove down the road snowblowing a path. Needless to say my brother and I had the best time ever riding down the road on sleds behind a tractor/snowblower. Here's your sign right??
Half way down the road we see something moving towards us. We had no clue what it was so we just kept going. As we got closer we realized that it was a person. When we got up next to them we realized that it was my very good friend Jasmine. She had walked half way to my house in the crazy weather!!! So she jumped on the sleds with my brother and I and rode back down to the truck. We started to dig the truck out and Dad was blowing a path around to try and see if we could at least turn around. By the time we finally got the truck unburied the road had drifted shut behind us!!! So what did we do?? Well I jumped in the driver seat and dad got the tractor in front of the truck and gave us a little bump so that we could over the hump behind us and get the wheels straight. Then I followed Dad who was snowblowing a path backwards all the way home at 2 miles an hour. Pretty intense huh?? All that before noon! Snowdays ROCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment