Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not Enough Time

I am starting to really hate the tests that we have been having. I know that my structure needs to be worked on but I just hate the feeling I get when I see the questions and feel like I will not have enough time to answer it properly. I see on my paper that it says to outline but wouldn't that take up quite a bit of time because on my outline I would have to write topics to write about plus I would then have to write about each topic. I know I need to get better at it but I just always feel pressured with the time limit but I know there isn't anything we can do about it. I have been taking good notes but and I know the material, its just that I can't get it all on paper. I know I would be able to explain my thoughts verbally but I need to work on doing it on paper. Hopefully I get way better at that.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if this helps but...

    I ALWAYS outline, but I never write more than a few words. If I think of a good topic while writing an answer to an unrelated question, jot it down on the side so you don't forget. Also, when I outline, I write all overs the sides and connect key words with lines. I'll have Winstion, then a line starting from him lead down to sorrow,dead inside and weak.
    Hope this helped a little! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm just gonna say that I have never outlined (and probably never will) because I know I am a slow test taker in general, and writing within a certain time period makes it that much harder. What Ross is saying makes sense, but overall, I have to say I definitely agree with you. I know I am capable of understanding the material, its just the questions that get me confused because they are pretty detailed. I also know another problem of mine is writing too much. I am improving gradually, and I know you will too Nora because you are a very smart girl and you work hard at everything you are doing. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel the same way. and i agree with the outlines...seems like it would take so much time and i barely have time to finish as it is! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you jot down a few word outline it actually helps organize your thoughts and you essay wont take as long to write because you're not trying to think of what comes next - you already know

    ReplyDelete