Thursday, February 17, 2011

I MISS WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it is ok that I am not typing up my particular thing. I already shared it in class, so I don't think I need to share it again! Instead, I wanted to talk about how much I dislike Johnny Got his Gun and like 1984. I really miss the layout of 1984. I like knowing what is going on in Winston's head, but also getting to know other characters in the book, and seeing how they interact. I dislike in Johnny how we are constantly in his head! I want to know what other characters in the story are feeling, not just Joe! 1984 was so much easier for me to read because it was fast moving and kept my attention. Now, I find myself struggling to read through the chapters because either I am confused, or just bored! I MISS WINSTON!! I am sure that Johnny is a great book, and maybe I will grow to somewhat like it in the end, but for now I am NOT a fan!!

3 comments:

  1. I also miss 1984. I feel like I knew what I was taking notes on while with Johnny Got His Gun I feel so confused and lost. I knew when something was important in 1984 and this new book is just so confusing sometimes. I think in the end I will start to understand it more, well atleast I hope I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's confusing, but it really is a great book. It's all in his head. Just think of that the next time you read. The entire book so far is just a window of his mind after a critical injury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really miss 1984 too! and i am suprised because everyone said this book was soooo much better...not seeing it yet??!

    ReplyDelete