Thursday, February 10, 2011

Johnny Got His Gun

Johnny Got His Gun so far is pretty interesting. I do find it sort of difficult to read when Joe goes back from his memory to reality. I thought we were supposed to read more so I am now on chapter 8 but am starting to realize more what is the reality and what is not. I think the assignment we had in class over what was imaginable and what was real helped me out a bit. I am finding it hard to take notes on this book because I don't really know what I am supposed to be looking for. In 1984 I knew when something stood out and I feel like this novel has so many things going on that it is hard to really decide what is important and what is not. I heard this book gets really good and so far I think it is interesting but hopefully it gets less confusing.

Also, I would like to add in that Andy's group did a good job today. :) I thought you guys did great especially since you didn't have all the information with you. It really showed that you guys knew the information well.

3 comments:

  1. I get just what you're saying. When reading JGHG, I offten find myself with a slight head ache and a perplexing confusion. But as we read more, it becomes easier to view Joe's visions from dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i think it would be hard to wing a presentation without a power point that is full, but good job to those that did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always disliked books that jump from one place to another, so I can see why its difficult to read, and I agree, it is!

    ReplyDelete