Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Honerable Mentions?

So...Today was a little awkward.  No one was really talking, and when we did, our views on what was honerable were always clashing.

When your contry goes to war, people HAVE to go and fight.  If they don't, the government will draft and get rather violent in finding recuits.  And I think that volenteering to go to war knowing that someone else will not have to is very honerable.  I also think that if the extreme conditions (such as Joe's situation,) are enlarged and showed to everyone who enlists themselves, then that is even more worthy of honor. 

This is almost a completly different view on honor compared to Dalton's, but I feel this is true.
Please comment and tell me if you think this is a decent or poor description on honor and enlisting.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. We didn't know what honor really was when we were discussing it and Miss K didn't really explain much about it, which didn't help. I honestly don't think it's a problem with the class or not explaining anything. It's a problem with our society. We don't put much of an emphasis on honoring our soldiers as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I think that when you know what could happen and you go anyway is a very honorable action. I think it might be even more honorable than going without realizing any of the consequences or pain you might face. It seems like your sacraficing more when you know what you could lose.

    ReplyDelete