Sunday, February 20, 2011

Controversial Issue and My Weekend

I'm just going to start out by saying I am very glad my groups controversial issue is over with! We had plenty of time to work on it and got it done on time, but I was pretty nervous after hearing quite a few students say that they didn't know how much of an "issue" it was really going to be since a lot of people feel the same way about it. I'm really glad that we had questions that got people talking and understanding why abortion is and has always been an issue not only in America but all over the world. Overall I feel we did a pretty good job while trying to stay on topic and keep the conversations going, so I hope we got a good grade! :)
As of my weekend, once again it was a pretty crazy and tiring one. At the end of the day Friday, my sisters and I had to hurry home and get ready to leave for Lansing. Once we arrived we watched the Michigan v. Michigan State wrestling meet. Michigan took the win with a final team score of 24-15 (I believe). I was very nervous as I watched my cousin Dan and his friends wrestle some tough matches. I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I could go with my family. :) We then went to Denny's to eat some dinner/breakfast. I shared an omelette with my dad along with some toast and a hash brown. We didn't leave until around midnight and arrived home around 2:00 in the morning. Saturday I woke up at 10:30 and went to Sabbath School with my family. Later in the evening on Saturday, my sister Kaylee and I got ready for the Sadie Hawkens Dance as my sister Kirstie painted our nails and her friend Carly did our hair. We took some pictures and then went to the dance around 8:30. It was pretty fun but I was quite tired. We then went to my church's youth lock-in after the dance and played sardines for a little while. Overall my weekend was fun and now I am just relaxing at home and hopefully will work on my portfolio quite a bit today. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow chelsea I think you need to get out more! I mean seriously, it is ok to have some fun here and there just to relax to should really get out more do more things... just saying.

    ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang Chelsea, do you ever just stay at home? Lol, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete