Thursday, January 13, 2011

1984- hmmmmmm interesting!

I was really into the book until the long boring part (you all know what part I am talking about) started, the part with Winston reading the brotherhood book. But, after suffering through that part, the book is really starting to liven up again! I found Ross's comment in class really interesting when he questioned weather the brotherhood was a real group, or if it was made up by the Party to catch people for thought crimes. I did not think about this while I was reading before today, but now as I read on, I realize that maybe this is a possibility! I have to admit though, in the end of the book, if we find out that the brotherhood is controlled by the Party, I will be very upset! The brotherhood was Winston's only hope! I'm still hoping that the book will have a happy ending, but I doubt that this will be the case!

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you right now, knowing the kind of author that Orwell is IE Animal Farm, this book will most definetly NOT have a happy ending. I'm thinking that Julia will fall at Winston's feet, and Winston's death will be in vain. But the hope of the red armed woman will leave the ending on an optomistic note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to me like this book is FULL of red herrings!! Everything may be what it is or it may not, making it a very complex story line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are funny. I agree with you about the "long boring part" Emily. But if you can get past the verbosity, the ideas are extremely interesting and SCARY in that part of the book. IT really hits at the heart of the PARTY. I won't give away the ending for you guys. But I want you to let me know what you think when you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Emily for misleading you. I honestly thought "The Book" was a page turner. I guess I was so wrapped up in Winston's story I was reading it as he would. I admit I'm a total nerd.

    ReplyDelete