Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Darn you Whitman!

I just finished revising my rough draft of the Whitman essay into a better rough draft.  It took me just over an hour!  Luckily, I had some time to spare.  I found it a little challenging to find strong reasons for why the purpose of the poem was saying that life had meaning.  I used a quote from the last question before the answer, and the comparision of life to a  play for my explanations.  I greatly expanded from those two ideas, but that's most of my essay in a nut shell...
Is anyone else finding themselves only having two to three reasons?

4 comments:

  1. I had problems too. The whole thing seemed so vague. Mine ended up being 2 pages, double spaced, typed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Whitman... don't hate him because I made you write an essay about his poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was a little confusing as well. I had a few ideas and did the best I could to tie them together to make sense. In the end I typed my paper in MLA format and ended up with two pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just typed mine in MLA and it had 4 paragraphs. I think my paper emphasized on the "rough" in rough draft.

    ReplyDelete