Wednesday, December 8, 2010

College English

I'm excited to finally take this class. It's not like a regular, have-to-do-it, kind of class. It's an elective that I find intriguing. I've been interested in English since the fourth grade, when Mrs. Ten Brink taught us different writing styles and techniques. I think the subject is fascinating. I want to expand my reading and writing skills through a more professional level type of course.

I also appriciate the maturity (or at least its supposed to be) level of the class. Also I like that we research controversial topics, and aren't afraid of really being able to say what we think (respectfully). I feel I think more like an adult, so being able to finally express things in a higher level of thinking is refreshing. I really want to do well in this class to prepare myself for my college education in the Fall of 2011, especially since I'm double majoring in Pre-Law and English Education at Ferris State. So hopefully Ms. Stariha doesn't crush my hopes and dreams too much. :)

4 comments:

  1. Crush your dreams?
    Hopefully that won't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    I will try not to crush any of your dreams either.
    Ms. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am known as the "DREAM CRUSHER!" Geez... I hope not. But let me say, I am glad to have you in class, and how cool that you mention Mrs. Tenbrink when Casey is in our class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Yay thanks Ms. K!
    By the way Ross, I almost thought your profile pic was actually you!! Laugh Out Loud (I don't know if 'text speak' is appropriate here)
    Psst Mrs. Stariha: I did it on purpose :) But it's totally true!!!

    ReplyDelete