Sunday, May 6, 2012

Interviews

Dear Ms. Stariha,

It is now two weeks until our senior project is due and I still haven't conducted an interview. The problem is not from lack of trying, it's from lack of responses. No one seems willing to help me. The only response I have gotten decided not to reply in order to set up a time (even though I have sent 3 emails explaining that I need the interview as part of my second draft of my paper and I would like to set up the interview asap).
Also, I haven't heard of ANYONE in our class who has found someone to interview. I would like to propose that you make the interview optional. With a topic such as education, expert interviews would be easier to find due to the broader topic ranges. However, consumerism and our specific sub topics fall into a narrower spectrum of experts creating a difficult situation for us.  Also, our letters were graded on completion- NOT on the responses we received. I believe our interviews should be the same way. We have no control over how others choose to respond to our many pleas for help. This is why I believe we should be graded on our attempts to find an interview and NOT if an interview takes place.
I understand that an interview is extremely important to our paper and our research. Trust me, I would love some more information on how food dumping is a product of our consumerist society! However, at the moment, the prospect of finding a suitable and helpful interview is growing dim. Please consider this proposal.

Most Sincerely,
Your Desperate College English Student,
Jen

6 comments:

  1. I found the perfect man!!...To interview that is....but He wont Email me back!!! we even have a mutual friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize Christian knew so much about alternative solutions! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be so helpful! I have sent out multiple emails to organizations looking but I cant get anyone to reply. Im running out of ideas! Our topic is very large and hard to contact people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second everything that has been said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could we use info that we get back from our "letters" as our interview if we get anything?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those of you that are having problems need to come meet with me... let's see if we can work together more on this. There is no way I can grade on effort, and although I do believe some of you have been working at it.... I know others have been procrastinating and would rather not let them out of the requirement.

    ReplyDelete