Saturday, May 26, 2012

Connection to PWB!

So I'm finally joy reading (not that I didn't enjoy our books this tri I just really am happy to be able to read the books on my reading list and not have to mark significant quotes or worry about quizzes) and the main character in my book is a twin.  She talks about how her sister is the one that seemed to get all the looks, smarts, and communication skills while she was quiet, too skinny, and never "fit in" at school.  Naturally I connected back to Leah and Adah.  My character, just like Adah, is actually really really really smart and can function just fine in society but chooses not to.  She also talks about the labels society puts on she and her sister and how those don't fit what she sees in them. 

I feel like this might be a common theme for twins in literature.  I wonder if I speaks any truth to twins in the real world.  Tyesha? and thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment