Thursday, January 12, 2012

I got a lot out of our quote circle today, it just finally brought together some of the ideas for me. Anyways my quote that I didnt get to share is from pg. 200 in my book and its when Winston pauses while he is reading Goldberg's book, "Solitude and safetly were physical sensations, mixed up somehow with the tiredness of his body, the softness of the chair, the touch of the faint breeze from the window that played upon his cheek." I noticed this quote because it reminded me of when we talked about Maslow's hierarchy of needs; just by realizing that in his secret appartment Winston can read his forbiden book he feels temporarily safe and is getting a taste of prole freedom.

7 comments:

  1. Nice quote Christian... Winston does have a brief period of humanity where his needs are beginning to be met during this section of the book... and notice: that is when he actually begins to rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I was going to comment about rebellion but Stariha got to it first... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get names mixed up, at least its still Jewish lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that I didn't miss school....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should always come to my class... it is so much fun... I am sure Kendra would agree!

    ReplyDelete