Wednesday, January 25, 2012

God Is Power

hahaha...I didn't post enough on that one week I got my wisdom teeth out. Whoops! hahaha...anyways, I know this is kind of random but this is what I was thinking during the discussion today. Well...through part of it anyways.

GOD IS POWER.

God is power, and therefore the government of Oceania is being compared to a god. Big Brother, as was said in class, is portrayed as 'All-knowing' and 'All-powerful' which are attributes that are known to be of God. Well...I thought it was interesting to make this comparison and it really caused me to stop and find different aspects. The government in Oceania is different because the people there were forced, like puppets, to 'love' and 'obey' the laws that 'didn't' exist. God doesn't force us all to love and follow Him even though it is in His power to do that. He gave us choice...and I think that this proves the argument that some people make that "Well, if God hated sin then why did He allow people to sin? Why doesn't He just 'make' us love Him?" Well, if we were all like robots, forced to love Him, then there wouldn't really be a commitment. If no one knew sin, no one would know the beauty of forgiveness...
I felt like taking it on in that view since we got close to it, but never really talked.

( I am eating a graham cracker! )

Oh, and I am going to try really hard on my test tomorrow to focus and not to put in little details that don't mean much. I tried outlining and getting information last time, but it didn't seem to work. I don't know, but it will be interesting.
I might write on here later about my thoughts and such, but I've got studying to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment