Sunday, December 4, 2011

O Suck! O Essay!

O Suck! O Essay!... the pain of you recurring;
The endless objects of laziness- of bitter thoughts and phrases
Of me forever blaming myself, (For who more lazy than I, and who more bitter?)
Of a paper that never is written on- the pen untouched- of the procrastinating ever renew'd
Of the poor intros and conclusions- the uncooperative words in my head
Of the empty and piercing page- with the ideas gone from me
The question, O suck! so sad, recurring-- what good amid these, O suck, O essay?

Answer

That you choose- that essay exists, and class;
That the inevitable Monday will come and you will need to contribute a page

7 comments:

  1. O Maddie! O only you would do this!
    But I applaud you, for this is a mighty fine poem. It almost surpasses that Knight Cake Recipe of yours from last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline Field. you have just described how i feel down to the letter...in poem form

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that this happened.
    That not only did maddie write a poem about writing about a poem, but jen comment on a poem being wrtitten about a poem in poem form.
    fabulous.
    #epicpoemwritting
    ^all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love this! You are so talented! In fact...I think you are so talented you could be a doula!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's a doula? This made me laugh out loud... that's lol for those of you who only speak text.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha maddie this is so creative though-- nice job!!(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha its sort of like a midwife.
    I'm researching midwifery for my advanced health class and Maddie and I learned what a doula does.
    We'd never heard of one before and Maddie thought it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete